Spratton Academy Governance Committee
Governors October 2020-21
Our Governors and the dates of their term of office.
Terms of Office
|Mrs Marianne Oakes||
Vice-Chair Community Governor
|25/10/17 to 24/10/21|
|Rev. Allison Twigg||
|19/11/18 to 18/11/22|
|Mrs Louise Tyrell||
|02/10/17 to 01/10/21|
|Mrs Rachel Holland||
|13/12/17 to 12/12/21|
|Miss Lynne O'Mara||
- The Local Governing Board is a committee of the Directors of Peterborough Diocese Education Trust (PDET). Each Local Governing Board is established by the Directors in accordance with the Articles of Association of PDET. Governors are subject to the Scheme of Delegationallocated by the Directors.
- The PDET website details the Trust’s governance arrangements and can be found at www.pdet.org.uk.This link also provides the academy memorandum and articles of association, annual accounts, annual report and funding agreement in line with statutory requirements
- The Local Governing Board oversees the development of the school, with the aim to ensure a high standard of education is delivered. The Governors provide strategic guidance for the development of the school, ensure the school is accountable to the local community (parents, the Church of England and the wider community) and act as a critical friend to the Head Teacher and all staff in the school.
- The Local Governing Board have a responsibility to avoid any conflict between their business and personal interests and affairs and those of the school. There is a legal duty on all governors to declare an interest likely to lead to questions of bias when considering any item of business at a meeting and for the governor concerned to withdraw, if necessary, whilst the matter is considered.
- The Chair of Governors is Dr Gordon Temple. Please use the contact form in the sidebar to send a message to Dr Temple.
Becoming a Governor
In your role as a school governor, you will be supported in your duties by other experienced members of the governing body, the Headteacher, the clerk to the governors and Peterborough Diocese Education Trust (PDET).
All governors need:
- Commitment to improving education for all pupils
- Ability to work in a team and take collective responsibility for decisions
- Willingness to learn
- Commitment to the school’s vision and ethos
For more information on becoming a School Governor contact the Chair of Governors, Dr Gordon Temple via the school office.
Further details about governance can be found at: