Some of the many reasons we have School Uniform and School PE Kit include:
- Keeping costs down for all families
- Ensuring everyone is wearing appropriate, safe and comfortable uniform and kit for the various activities
- Making preparing for school as easy as possible for families
- Fostering a sense of belonging and ensuring consistency so that children don’t feel self-conscious about what they are wearing
- Avoiding potential issues with brand names, logos, words, images
- Children looking smart and prepared for their activities and engendering a sense of pride in what they are doing
Uniform can be purchased from any retailer and we do not require uniform to have school logos - these are optional.
School Uniform List
The wearing of school uniform helps to foster a sense of belonging to the school community; we encourage children to take pride in their appearance. This consists of:
- Royal blue sweatshirt, sweat cardigan or fleece with or without the school logo (can be purchased from brigadeuniformdirect.uk.com)
- Plain royal blue jumper or plain royal blue cardigan
- White polo shirt or shirt
- Grey school skirt/pinafore
- Grey school trousers/shorts
- Sensible, flat/low heeled black shoes
- Summer dresses - blue and white checks
- Grey or black socks or tights
- Plain simple blue or black hair ties and clips
- One pair of plain stud earrings and one (non-smart) watch, if desired
We ask all children to wear safe, flat sensible shoes with good grips and no jeans/ training pants, please.
Although we have no dress code for coats, we would like to point out that light coloured coats or those with reflective bands or strips are safer in the winter when it is dark by home-time.
In order for children to participate in PE lessons in comfort, safety and with due regard to personal hygiene, they need to wear the following:
- Black plimsolls and plain black or white trainers
- Plain White T shirt (no T shirts/ football shirts with logos on)
- Black or navy shorts
- Plain blue Tracksuit or hoodie (school PE hoodies are available from www.brigadeuniformdirect.uk.com)
- Long hair must be tied back and earrings removed
On PE days, children come to school in PE kit.
Children at Key Stage 2 will be given the opportunity to go swimming during the school year. They will need to wear a one piece swim suit or swimming trunks. The swimming pool rules are that all children should wear swimming hats for hygiene reasons. Children who have verruca’s can still go swimming as long as they wear a verruca sock. If children wish to wear goggles then they must write to the school requesting to do so.
Outdoor Activities and Forest Schools
We like to get outdoors as much as possible. Please ensure children in EYFS and KS1 have a pair of wellies in school. All children should bring a coat to school every day.
Following Education Department Guidelines for the Health and Safety of all children, jewellery is strictly forbidden in all PE lessons. During other lessons children are allowed to wear a (non-smart) watch, and if their ears are pierced, stud earrings. Wearing of other jewellery is not permitted. If you are considering having your child’s ears pierced, please do so at the beginning of the summer holiday so that stud earrings can be removed for PE. We cannot accept responsibility for the loss of any items of jewellery, should they be worn to school. Teachers and staff are not permitted to remove or insert pierced earrings.
Name Labels and Lost Property
Please ensure that all clothes, uniforms and belongings are labelled clearly with your child’s name. This dramatically increases the chances of lost items being returned to their owner!
Children should have a book bag to carry their reading books and diary to and from school each day to ensure they have all they need for daily Home Reading.
Children are not permitted to bring toys, personal stationery or money to school, unless with the prior agreement of the class teacher.